The mushroom cloud is one of the iconic images of the 20th century, calling to mind destruction, progress, and arguably the single most important event of the century. This video will show you how to create a 3D model of one using 3D Studio MAX 4 or higher. This can then be used in all kinds of video games and movies that you might be making.
From the creator:
An in-depth intermediate tutorial on how to create a nuclear explosion in 3Ds max 4 and onwards without additional plugins. If your using an older version, use editable mesh instead of editable poly & activate animate on the mesh and directly deform it instead of using morpher.
This tutorial will hopefully teach you how to:
* model a mushroom cloud using splines + lathe + editable mesh/poly
* make 3 explosive materials using displace, diffuse & cellular maps
* make blend materials and apply UVW maps
* animate and morph a mushroom cloud using morpher
* model some fences using splines + extrude
* create a camera shake using dummy + noise position controller
* create an exploding particle effect using pCloud + pBomb
* add a radial blur to the camera
* add an object blur to the particle system
* add a glow effect to the head of the mushroom cloud
* make your own SFX in Audacity
* play sound in 3ds max
Have an iPhone? Check out all 200+ new features coming in iOS 13.