In this tutorial, we learn how to create a 3D shadow matte in 3ds Max. If you have a scene where you need a realistic looking background, you can trick doing this by using 3ds Max. First, go up to the rendering and go to environment. Add an environment map and then click on bitmap and find the image that you want to use. From here, make sure your map is highlighted, then right click and show the background. If you render this out, you will have a picture of the background you want. After this, bring an object into the frame and render it out so it doesn't look like it's in the background. Then, use the shadow matte to create a plane. Next, line it up with the background. Once finished, you will have a realistic looking image, save and enjoy!
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades