The Displace modifier in 3ds Max acts as a force field to push and reshape an object's geometry. You can apply its variable force directly from the modifier gizmo, or from a bitmapped image. The 3D Studio Max displace modifier works on Shapes, Meshes, Polys, Patches, NURBS. Displace is often used to make terrains or to add finer texture to 3D models with out having to model in extra texture. It can also be used in a very controlled way to manipulate geometries. With the use of procedural texture maps or bitmaps one can can make large scale manipulation to geometry with minimal effort. See how powerful a tool the displace modifier is in thie 3ds Max tutorial from David Fano.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades